Thursday 17 December 2015

Real School Punishments Part 7

Experience Part 7

Experience #7 Part 1

It was class 9th, month of october and these were our Mid Term exams. Our seating plan was scheduled with Class 5th C ..
I found out I was sitting with a girl named Shrishti, She was half as tall as me and looked like a kid lol,

It was Chemistry Exam , and I was caught cheating , I had some paper chits with me, that I had hid in my pockets, surprisingly that day, the teacher decided to check our uniforms for cheating materials..

I was sitting at the last desk, I was so scared , My face turned white, I could not hide them anywhere else, because there were two invigilators.
When Mam came to me, I stood up, she asked me to empty my pockets, I tried to put my hands in my pockets and tried to conceal the chits somehow, but it was hard because of my tight uniform, One of the chits fell off

Mam bend down to pick it up, and when she opened it, she saw everything written, formulas , theory for the paper etc,.

"mam please, aj galti se lee aya" I sad immediately, that I was sorry.

"chalo chalo, bahar niklo" she pulled my ears and pushed me out of the desk and asked me to stand in front of the blackboard.

I went slowly, and waited for the whole class search to be over.
I had my hands behind my back and head down, I was scared of what would happen.
It was only me who was caught cheating, everyone else continued with their exam.

"Whats your name" mam asked me.
I said "mam Nihesh""
she went out the class and asked a peon to call Lalit sir, the discipline incharge of our school, He was very strict and used to beat boys mercilessly, especially seniors!

Mam please dont call lalit sir, I begged before her many times.
"Shut up" and Hands up and take rounds of the school wing ( it was in cicular shape, so teachers could punish us to take rounds of the wing"

I did not object and went out with my hands up, It was the junior wing, all I could see were classes from 4rd to 6th. I started taking rounds of the wing with my hands up straight, waiting for Lalit sir to come.

There was a pin drop silence and everybody was in the class writing their exams, I felt really embarrased, there was no one outside the class but me, and that too doing hands up parade.

I continued for 15 minutes, circulating around the wing again and again, seeing those kids complete their exam, they were also looking at me but no one made any expression because it was an exam day. After a few minutes, I saw Lalit sir coming, he was in a hurry and had an exam sheet with him, may be he caught some other cheater too.

He went inside the class and I heard Mam calling me in,
I went inside the class, put my hands down, my shirt still was stuck up on my shoulders when sir grabbed me by my ear and pulled me inside

"Kya hai ye" ha?? He asked angrily looking at my chits, I was so scared I did not say anything, not even sorry
"SLAP" SLAP SLAP SLAP, i recieved 4 resounding slaps in front of the whole class, all juniors and seniors in it.
"sir sorry....... sir, galti ho gayi sir", I said I was sorry for my mistake
"SLAP" another cheek
He pulled my right ear so hard, i cried "AAAi" and then
"SLAP" "SLAP"
I could not even count how MANY slaps i got

He then, asked my my dads number, Then he called my dad, I begged him not to, but he did not listen.

He went outside to talk with my dad, while I was standing in front of the blackboard, with red face and hands behind my back.

then he came back in and dragged me out of the class by my ear.
outside was another boy of class 8th who was also caught for cheating, His face was already red, that means he already got slapped. I went towards him and we stood still,

"Chalo aa jao" sir asked us to follow him, he took us to the first classroom in the wing,

"good morning sir" everyone stood up,
"sit down"" sit down , sir said
and then made the announcement-
"kids, these two were caught cheating in todays exam, they had chits on them, he said while pulling us both by ears and swinging us while he made the lecture,
We were in so much pain, I almost felt like crying

He asked everyone to shout "shame shame bhaiya" It was so embarrasing, everyone stopped their exam and started laughing loudly.

The same thing happened in all the 7 classrooms in the wing, He dragged us both by our ear in each and every classroom and same thing repeated.
In the last classroom, when kids said "shame shame" a slight laughter came out of me, though he was still holding my left ear but I dont know why, those kids faces made me laugh a little bit.

Sir noticed it
"Oh you are still laughing????? shameless boy"
"No sir noo" i said
He pushed us outside the class and asked us to be murga and do the murga parade.
No sirr please, we have learnt our lesson ,, begged the other boy
Please sir, forgive us sir" i said
Sir did not listen and shouted at us to be murga.

"Sir my dad will beat me too today because of cheating in exam, please sir, forgive us" I requested.
"Either you become murga or I cancel your exam" he threatened, We waited for 5 secs and then assumed the murga position.

We had to take 20 rounds of the wing, It was really hard to do this in murga position,

The other boy of 8th class was in front of me, and I could see his bad condition, his uniform was very tight and dirty, it felt like he was wearing the same pants from class 4th, they were quite short for his size too, like a village boy, I could see his legs skin above his socks and the blue colour was washed up and looked like bright sky blue, , his shirt was sticking out and I realized his pants would tear up lol
but we continued the murga parade, this was so embarassing because now we could see kids laughing at us a lil bit from their classrooms. I tried not to look at them and continue the punishment .

Continued ...........................


After 10 rounds, i felt really tired,
"jaldi jaldi kar yar" I asked the boy in front of me to move faster

He tried and then after a few more steps he fell.
There was no one there so he went towards the water tap to drink some water, I did the same as quicky as I could.

It was our luck was bad that day, Lalit sir noticed us, he came near the toilet section, and started hitting us with his stick on our legs, hands, wherever,
'AAH" i said every time the stick hit me.

""Move, continue boys... continuee"" he ordered

then we continued the punishment, 10 more rounds were left, we tried to run in murga position as fast as we could,
It surprisingly got over quickly, and we stood up and went to our respective classes,
"Mam may I come in" I said very softly with a tired voice,
yes, she gave me my answer sheet and asked me to write the paper while standing on my seat.
"yes mam" i said
""feeling ashamed? or do you want to do the parade again"" she asked
the whole class started laughing softly.
Yes mam, im sorry mam"" i said and went to my seat,

approximately 1 hour was left for the exam, and I had to write the complete paper, I stated rushing sa fast as i could , with bad handwriting.

After a few minutes i noticed shrishti had already finished her paper and she was sitting idle looking at my sheet

My condition was pathetic, face red, uniform dirty because of murga parade, and i was sweating like mad.

My pen stopped working after a while, she offered me a pen without even asking
"thanks yar" i thanked her.

AFTER the exam got over, mam had to snatch my answer sheet, I still could only write half of the paper,

everyone started talking then ,how the exam went and all.
I was just sitting idle waiting for bell to ring.

My friend rahul came to me
"waat lag gayi yaar aj to teri" he said I had very bad luck today,

"'Haa yar" I said touching my ears and smiling slightly.

Then after a while many kids came to me trying to be friendly and cracking a few jokes about my punishment.

"Bhaiya aage se chits nahi banaoge na? " said a little boy laughing,
I said nothing, I laughed and left the class after the bell rang.

and then, at home, my dad was waiting for me ......................

1 comment:

  1. In my eighth grade ,I was regularly punished.
    One day the teacher got really fed up and slapped me very badly for over five times on both the cheeks.
    It was really terrible.
    First of all it was so hot with no electricity so fans were not working, on top of that the heat from the slaps to the face were burning me. (In my school if you roll up your sleeves and loosen your tie then the sports sir beats the shit out of your face- happened to me twice). I was not crying because I was completely used to these kind of slaps and ear pulling. I went outside the classroom and knelt down holding my ears for an hour coz she had a double lecture. Afterwards, I didn't even say sorry and sat on my bench with a red face, red ears and dripping in my sweat.My partner couldn't stop smiling at the scene the teacher had made out of me. It's the humiliation and pain that boys have to go through in indian schools for minor errors that children do.

    ReplyDelete